Architect & Planner – design oriented, highly motivated and committed to Resource Efficient Architecture and Sustainable Development Planning. Over 15 years of experience including more than 10 years in the Middle East in the development of residential, commercial, educational, maritime and urban planning projects. Demonstrated team leadership with experience in all phases of design and exposure to a wide spectrum of project scales, complemented by sound research capabilities, strong design and management abilities as well as proficiency in presentation and industry leading CAD and BIM software.
Tonic Lab Architecture - Founder and Director
2009 - present
Angel Architects + Planners emerged with the commitment to provide a contemporary, innovative and most importantly, sustainable, resource efficient architectural and urban planning design alternative to the people of San Miguel de Allende and the region.
Services include design, project management and construction administration as well as consultancy services in Resource Efficiency in architecture and urbanism. Similarly, the practice also focuses on the development of quality residential units with a good return of investment.
Hafencity Universität. Research Assistant for Scientific Services
The HafenCity Universität employs research assistants to collaborate with the various scientific projects that are constantly being investigated in the fields of architecture, landscape architecture, urban and master planning, as well as REAP. As a research assistant for scientific services, work is reported to the Research Leader and Dean of REAP with accountability for:
• Organizational support for the preparation of courses.
• Graphic and organizational support for the preparation of presentations to clients.
• Collecting, gathering and analysing research documentation.
• Conducting research surveys on climate change and storm water management.
• Generating and updating maps and other graphics.
- CRITICAL AND ANALYTICAL
- STRATEGIC THINKING
- CLIENT RELATIONS
- TARGET ORIENTED
- INTERDISCIPLINARY & INTERCULTURAL TEAM-PLAYER
2010 - present
2010 - present
Nakheel PJSC. Senior Urban Designer
2008 - 2009
Nakheel is one of the largest developers in the Middle East, accountable for projects such as The World Islands and the Palm Islands in Dubai.
Reporting to Principal Urban Designer and Head of Master Planning and Urban Design and responsible for:
• Complying with pertinent policies, guidelines and procedures.
• Preparing and reviewing project briefs on site-wide urban design elements.
• Coordinating with consultants on the development of their projects.
• Generating studies and reports on special approval cases.
• Collecting, gathering and analysing relevant information for the whole Waterfront.
• Supervising and providing input to site-wide studies and documents.
• Participating in design charettes/workshops with consultants.
• Generating and updating site-wide maps and datasets.
- ADOBE CREATIVE SUITE
- SKETCH UP
- MICROSOFT OFFICE
Bermello, Ajamil & Partners, Inc. Project Architect & Job Captain
2006 - 2008
B&A is an American multi disciplinary firm with offices across the USA. The company has been responsible for major Master Planning projects such as The World Islands and Dubai Maritime City.
Reporting to Director of Architecture and Managing Director, Middle East, and responsible for:
• Generating and developing design concepts.
• Leading and supervising design and technical team.
• Participating in all design phases.
• Preparing and monitoring work plan for projects.
• Scheduling and coordinating project meetings with the project team, regulatory agencies, the client and others involved in the project.
• Coordinating and participating in project presentations to clients and other external groups.
• Ensuring all regulatory agencies’ guidelines are met.
• Preparing minutes of meetings.
Hafencity Universität, Hamburg, Germany
MSc - Resource Efficiency in Architecture and Planning
2010 - 2012
The Master of Science Degree Programme "Resource Efficiency in Architecture and Planning" (REAP) is an international and interdisciplinary programme that promotes sustainable architecture and urban development in different geographical and cultural settings. In detail, the programme:
• provides an overview of the complex relationships between building and urban services technology (i.e., building construction and renovation, energy and water supply, waste and wastewater management) and the environment (i.e., resources and space consumption, impacts on environmental media and ecosystems);
• gives insight into patterns of user demand and behaviour and how they affect the technology-environment interaction;
• imparts knowledge of resource efficient technologies, e.g. energy generation from renewable sources, as well as underlying principles, such as source separation and the closing of material cycles, demand side management, decentralised, modularised service provision, etc.;
• reviews experience with and conveys ideas for different forms of legal and economic organisation of planning, construction and urban services provision; and
• teaches study and research methods and techniques for planning and decision support.
Universidad Iberoamericana, Mexico City, Mexico
Diploma Course in Sustainable Design and Construction
Biomimicry Institute & Universidad Iberoamericana, Mexico
Savannah College of Art & Design, Savannah, GA, USA
Bachelor's and Master's Degree in Architecture
2001 - 2005